Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Listening Center

 When we were digging through things our room already had I was finding a lot of books on tape.. literally.. cassette tapes! Which is good and all except the problem was that only 3/8 of the Harry Potter tapes were there and so on and so forth. So I obsessed (literally) in finding all new books on CD and creating a listening center. I spent my entire classroom budget (first year teacher mistake?) on books on tape. However, what I was finding that sets of books with their CD's were extremely expensive so I found an alternative route. Online on Barnes and Nobel and Amazon I was able to find books that were available for download for $1-2. I was able to download them and then burn them onto a CD. Some of the books I downloaded I already had, but for those I did not I went to www.thriftbooks.com and found book to match up and have sent to me.
After all my ordering and downloading I ended up with more than a dozen books and books on CD for my kids to use. When it all came in we matched up the books and CDs and put them in Ziplocks and hung them up on the wall and there became our listening center!

No comments:

Post a Comment