Friday, March 1, 2013

Reader's Theater

On the final day of Mo Willems I wanted to do something fun and let the kids get some energy out (we've been trapped in from the snow). I decided to do a readers theater where they got to pick their own partner and then their favorite Mo Willems book to share with the class. I drew numbers out of a basket for who got to pick books first. I didn't want everyone to use the same book over and over again so everyone had to choose a different Mo Willems book. Then I gave everyone 15 minutes to practice and make any props that they wanted. My cooperating teacher recorded the videos while each group performed and I assessed the students, jotting down notes, by their pronunciation, drama, expression, etc. They love them! We have been watching a few of them each day so they can all see how they did themselves.
The two above were one of my favorite. They really got into it and made it entertaining for the whole class. They made their own props for Piggie & Elephant so that they looked like the characters they were playing. Too cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment