Thursday, February 14, 2013

Daily Five

The school that I'm student teaching at is moving towards making Daily Five mandatory for the teachers to be using in their classrooms. With this push there are a lot of misconceptions that are coming up about this teaching/learning strategy and it has made me curious. So.. to strengthen my professional development and explore even deeper into something that I think is a great idea I just ordered the two books on Amazon. I compared prices with the producing company, Thriftbooks (which is an AMAZING site for ordering books by the way), and Amazon. Amazon seemed to be the cheapest in stock at this time so that's where I ordered. From the reviews that I read The Daily Five is a breakdown of how it works and gives a specific six week lesson start to get the daily five working in your classroom. The Cafe Book is the resource that goes hand-in-hand with daily five and models for teachers how to organize and display what they are using. I'm looking forward to getting this in the mail next week!











I also just found this and thought it was pretty neat. It looks like it's a SmartBoard interactive. Personally I would make it into a bulletin board and make the kid's pictures movable with push pins! Looks pretty cool to use with Daily 5 & Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment