Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Learning Centers

I love learning centers and have adapted this idea from my cooperating teacher from my clinical experience. I created this bulletin board to use when I want to use a learning center. The cards on the left can be erased and changed because they are laminated and make for easy rotations. The numbers are to represent that group's number & the rules on the right are the rules I came up with for the students to following during centers.

Today I also created a chart to help keep track of where the students are with their writing. We are still working on our persuasive writing pieces and I found it hard to keep track of who needed to be working on their writing and who had finished it. I think it's a great organizational tool not only for me, but also the students to look at and see where they're at. I'm also hoping that it will encourage the students who are slacking off to get their booties in gear when they see their peers moving forward on the chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment