Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Raining Hearts

To get in the moode for Valentine's Day I read the book, "The Day it Rained Hearts".

The book is a little under level for third grade but because I read it aloud to them I was able to ask them comprehension questions and encourage them to make connections throughout. I also had them make inferences at the very end of the story. (If you read it you will understand the connections). After reading the story I decorated the classroom door for Valentines to match the door. In addition to, the kids all decorated their own umbrella. When we had some free time, I pulled the kids aside and took everyone's picture acting like they were flying away on an umbrella. With a little editing on Microsoft 2010 I cropped the kids' pictures and we able to create these when I attached the umbrellas:


 This is just the backs of the ceiling hangings. I turned them around to protect the identity of the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment