Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mo Willems!!!

I absolutely LOVE Mo Willems books AND since his birthday is February 11th, what better way to celebrate his birthday than doing an author's study on him this month! To get the students interested in Mo Willems & his characters, I first drew, colored, and laminated the popular characters from his books and then hung them up around the water fountain outside our room.

 After putting the characters up and seeing the kids interest in them, I rushed to the public library that night and checked out all their Mo Willems books. (Probably about 30 in total) I put a few books aside that I wanted to use in lessons that way the students wouldn't be too familiar with it when I introduced it. The rest of the books went on the class display shelf where the kids could check them out in their free time.

I was excited the first day I brought the books in to see how excited the kids were in the books. All day they were rushing to finish what they had to get done so they could read a Mo Willems books. The best part was that students were talking about Mo Willems and telling their peers what book they should go read next.

No comments:

Post a Comment